On this page you will find links to our resources and tools you can use within your force to support the wellbeing of all your staff.
From free bereavement counselling, mental health films with wrap around support to downloadable material to promote the work you are doing to support wellbeing, there's so much on offer that you can use locally at no cost to your force.
Still not sure where to look?
Check out this list of common questions - click on each question to find out more.
- How do I access and use the Blue Light Wellbeing Framework?
If you are new to the framework, or a framework owner for your organisation, learn how to access and use the framework here.
- How do I submit our force for an Oscar Kilo award?
Find out all about the Oscar Kilo awards, how to enter, and read about previous winners.
- How do I read about the national wellbeing survey?
Our national wellbeing surveys run each year - find out more about them here.
- How do I implement a peer support network in our force?
All police forces are eligible to become a national police wellbeing service (NPWS) peer support force - find out more about it here.
- How do I let our force know what wellbeing support is available?
On our toolkits and campaigns page you will find our current resources to use locally to support the wellbeing of your officers and staff.
- How do I raise awareness around the mental and physical demands of the job?
Our short films and mental health awareness packages entitled; 'Purpose' and ‘Meaning’ can be rolled out in your force to create awareness, spark debate and self-reflection.
- How do I promote mindfulness as a useful tool for managing individual wellbeing?
Encourage leaders and supervisors to participate and to share their experiences of MindFit Cop, our eight week online mindfulness course.
- How do I find signposting to further wellbeing support?
Here are links to helplines, charities, international resources, staff associations, and networks.
- How do I get health and wellbeing materials to display locally?
To help you promote your commitment to improving wellbeing in your force we have created some resources for you to download and display.
- How do I create an environment that welcomes, supports and develops neurodiverse colleagues?
Forces can use the workplace adjustments toolkit to learn from good practice to attract and retain people in policing with the skills and abilities to keep our communities safe.