We have six, half-day courses running in June 2022. These are detailed below.
Supervisor Wellbeing training is scheduled on the following dates and times for the forces listed below:
- 7th June 2022 - West Yorkshire (09:00hrs - 12:00hrs)
- 7th June 2022 - Northamptonshire (13:00hrs - 16:00hrs)
- 14th June 2022 - West Yorkshire (09:00hrs - 12:00hrs)
- 14th June 2022 - Northamptonshire (13:00hrs - 16:00hrs)
- 20th June 2022 - West Yorkshire (09:00hrs - 12:00hrs)
- 20th June 2022 - Northamptonshire (13:00hrs - 16:00hrs)
The course has been developed to help supervisors and managers support their teams with wellbeing, resilience, trauma support and referrals.
Individuals will be trained to use a simple stress management tool which will help them identify personal and organisational stressors within their teams.
Is this course for me?
Supervisor Wellbeing training covers the following areas:
- Recognising the nature and causes of traumatic stress
- Identifying the main symptoms of trauma
- An introduction to Demobilising and Defusing
This is a three hour, half-day training course.
These courses regularly take place throughout the year and dates will be supplied directly to forces who have adopted this training.
How to access this training
To be considered for one of these courses, you must firstly contact your force Wellbeing lead who may put your name forward. Please note we are unable to accept individual applications for this course.
What previous delegates are saying about this course
Good course with relevant material which will be useful in the future.
I have a team that deal with difficult subjects on a daily basis and are exposed to a wide rang of troubling material. I hope to use skills gained to better support them.
A good balance of input from trainers and discussion which wasn't rushed. People had the time to give their points.