There is one structured interview training course scheduled for October 2023.
A structured interview is for occupational health staff to clarify potential problems and identify suitable interventions such as counselling or further referral, or in some cases, signposting to information, advice or training.
It is designed for occupational health nurses, OHA’s, psychologists or counsellors who are qualified to undertake the structured interviews. such as:
- A qualified nurse working as an occupational health nurse adviser, carrying out clinical case management.
- A registered counsellor with accredited status with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) or British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- A qualified clinical psychologist registered with British Psychological Society (BPS).
Structured interview training course
This is a one-day course.
- Psychological surveillance: Gain an understanding of the concepts and techniques involved in psychological surveillance, including data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Assessing stress and trauma: Learn how to use psychological surveillance data to determine stress and trauma levels in police officers and staff in high-risk roles.
- Psychological structured interviews: Acquire the skills needed to conduct structured interviews that delve into the psychological wellbeing of individuals, allowing for a comprehensive assessment.
- Feedback and advice: Learn how to provide constructive feedback and offer advice based on psychological surveillance findings, supporting individuals to build a more resilient future.
- Referrals and resources: Learn how to identify appropriate referrals and connect individuals with the necessary resources, ensuring they receive the professional support they need.
If I have already completed the structured interview training course can I do it again?
Yes, if you completed the structured interview training more than three years ago, please get in touch using the 'contact us' button at the bottom of this page.
How do I access this training?
If you are interested in undertaking this training please email your interest, indicating your preferred training date, using the the 'contact us' button below.
What if I can’t make the training or I have to cancel?
If you can’t attend or have to cancel, please decline the Teams meeting you have been sent, then let us know as soon as possible using the 'contact us' button below.
Who will have access (and why) to my contact details?
The National Police Wellbeing Service (NPWS)
The NPWS will issue you with your course invite and joining instructions, as well as your certificate of completion. In addition, they will keep your details on a training database as a record to show when you attended the course.
Noreen Tehrani Associates (NTAPS)
Noreen Tehrani Associates (NTAPS) deliver the training on behalf of Oscar Kilo. With your permission, your contact details will be forwarded by the NPWS to Noreen Tehrani Associates (NTAPS) in advance of the structured interview course, to enable them to send you a psychological screening form.
Your own force point of contact / wellbeing lead
NPWS will inform your force SPOC of your attendance or non-attendance and the outcome of the training. How this information is held and for what purpose will be determined by your force.
If you have any other questions not covered on this page or you wish to enrol or cancel please use the button below. Please ensure that you add 'Structured interview training' to the subject line of the email. This email will go directly to the training providers, Noreen Tehrani Associates (NTAPS), who will be managing your training request on our behalf.